Saturday, July 12, 2008

Well, it's been fun....

"For every thing there is a season,
A time for every purpose under Heaven." --Ecclesiastes

I have left the Keys two times before, both for relatively short periods. Each time I returned wealthier and wiser. It was always good to be back. For me this has been home for almost forty years.

I've been both relatively well-off and poor as a church mouse, happy and sad, grateful and outraged. I've met some of the most amazing and wonderful people (and some of the most detestable rogues) you can imagine. Through it all I have remained true to the principles and standards taught to me by my parents and their ancestors before them.

I have found true friendships, love, adventure, spirituality, tolerance, and understanding during my time here.

Now comes the time to leave once more. Before my memory fades, I plan to write down a few of the things I have learned, and stories of people I have met. After all, "it's what we learn after we know it all that counts."

As far as Key West is concerned, my expectations are that it will be like Hemingway's Movable Feast.
And as always, in Key West only the actors change. The roles remain the same.

Exit stage left.

No comments: